Milbank powergen — Generators / 17KW & 20KW
17kW & 20kW Series
Innovative and intelligent, the 171 & 20kW1 deliver the high performance homeowners expect. The unique airflow technology coupled with sound-dampening compressed fiberglass make these some of the quietest generators in the industry, a diplomatic choice to keep neighbors happy.
- Built for High-Performance — These units are built with the extremely reliable Briggs & Stratton Commercial Grade Vanguard Engine. Proven in applications around the world, Vanguard’s OHV technology provides superior balance, low vibration and emissions, and better fuel economy. Our electronic governors also provide stable, consistent power for sensitive electronics and today’s most advanced appliances.
- Comprehensive Warranty2 — Both the 17kW and 20kW units include a four-year limited warranty2 — one of the best comprehensive parts and labor warranties in the industry. At Milbank, we stand behind our products (for more than 85 years!), making it easy for our customers to work with us.
- Durable Enclosure & Base — Our enclosures are made from the same rust-resistant, durable Galvanneal steel that is found in the automotive industry and features an automotive-grade paint process which results in protection against chipping and abrasions. Our enclosures and base can endure temperatures of more than double that of aluminum and plastic.
- Homeowner Safety & Protection — We take protection to a whole new level — the 17kW and 20kW come with an external, automatic gas shut-off valve, low pressure regulator and a thermally-protected fuel system which automatically shuts down the unit during an emergency (not found on any other competing generator in its class). These units also feature a corrugated metal fuel hose for safer operation.
- Flexible Placement3 — Tested against the tough National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard, Milbank 17 & 20kW standby generators can be placed as close as 18” from the home providing more placement options in your yard*— perfect for tight lot lines.
- Innovative Airflow Technology — This feature provides better efficiency and longer life, and makes the 17 & 20kW our quietest generators. With the engine and alternator intakes located in the rear, front ventilation pushes the heat and carbon monoxide away from the house — protecting homes, shrubs and landscaping from damage.
1This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators). 2Warranty details are available at milbankworks.com. 3Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws, regulations and provided installation manual. Running engines give off carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas so it is important to keep exhaust gas away from any windows, doors, ventilation intakes or crawl spaces. The installation manual contains specific instructions related to generator placement in addition to NFPA 37, including the requirement that carbon monoxide detectors be installed and maintained in your home. Milbank reserves the right to make changes in specifications and features shown without notice or discontinue the product described at any time without notice or obligation. Other Generator/Automatic Transfer switch manufacturers’ products are not compatible with Milbank Home Generator Systems.
17kW & 20kW Series
- Cold Weather Kit
Complete with a dual oil heater and battery warmer - both thermostatically controlled to heat up when the temperature drops, ensuring smooth starting and engine operation. Tested at -25ºF.
- Maintenance Kit
Complete with special UL air filter, pre-cleaner, spark plugs, oil filter and synthetic oil.
- Wireless Monitor
Easy, trouble-free monitoring is a reality with the new Milbank Basic Wireless Monitor. Place the wireless monitor in your home and know your generator is working without ever having to go outside.
- Wireless Router
A signal enhancement to overcome obstructions. Recommended for applications with distances of 100 feet or more.
|Fuel Type||Propane (LP), Natural Gas (NG)||Propane (LP), Natural Gas (NG)|
|Limited Warranty*||4 Years Parts and Labor (Limited)||4 Years Parts and Labor (Limited)|
|Fuel Consumption ½ Load †||2.06 Gal/Hr LP
170 Ft3/Hr NG
170,000 BTU NG
|2.31 Gal/Hr LP
187 Ft3/Hr NG
187,000 BTU NG
|Fuel Consumption Full Load||3.28 Gal/Hr LP
248 Ft3/Hr NG
248,000 BTU NG
|3.75 Gal/Hr LP
260 Ft3/Hr NG
260,000 BTU NG
|Operation||Fully Automatic||Fully Automatic|
|Voltage||120/240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf||120/240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf|
|Amps LP/NG||71 / 63.9||83.3 / 74.9|
|Alternator||Brushed, Computer Friendly||Brushed, Computer Friendly|
|Engine||993 cc Briggs & Stratton Commercial Vanguard™ V-Twin||993 cc Briggs & Stratton Commercial Vanguard™ V-Twin|
|Full Pressure Lubrication||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||48 x 34 x 31||48 x 34 x 31|
|Weight (generator only)||484 lbs.||500 lbs|
|Turn-key Extras Included||Hour Meter, Battery Charger, Steel Base, External Automatic Shut-off Valve, Low Pressure Regulator, Thermally Protected Fuel System and Synthetic Oil||Hour Meter, Battery Charger, Steel Base, External Automatic Shut-off Valve, Low Pressure Regulator, Thermally Protected Fuel System and Synthetic Oil|
- NOTE: These generators are rated in accordance with UL 2200 and CSA Standard C22.2 No. 100-04. Fuel consumption rates are estimated based on normal operating conditions. Generator operation may be greatly affected by elevation and the cycling operation of multiple electrical appliances - fuel flow rates may vary depending on these factors. Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws and regulations, installation manual. Other Generator/Automatic Transfer Switch manufacturers products are not compatible with Milbank Home Generator Systems. Improper installation voids all warranty. Milbank reserves the right to make changes in specifications and features shown without notice or discontinue the product described at any time without notice or obligation.
- †Fuel consumption rates are estimated based on normal operating conditions at 1/2 load. Generator operation may be greatly affected by elevation and the cycling operation of multiple electrical appliances – fuel flow rates may vary depending on these factors. Milbank reserves the right to make changes in specifications and features shown herein, or discontinue the product described at any time without notice or obligation.